Friday, October 11, 2013
Happy List :: October ::
1. Max talking in tagalog! Even though they're one word statements, im pretty excited where this will take us. Im still trying my best to speak solely in tagalog, but there are so many words and phrases I dont know. im looking for an app to help us out!
2. the TWENTYTRUCKS channel on youtube. When Max wakes up in a foul mood or is having a tantrum, i take the edge off of his moment by turning their kid's truck videos. he loves trucks and this intervention almost always works to de-escalate so i dont have to turn to the soother (love-hate). i like the the excavator and impact hammer vids as i've learned something and the songs are really catchy
3. This STILA liquid eye liner. Best and blackest i've ever used! love love love it
4. JOE FRESH finally having an online shopping option! I like this for Max, this for husband, this, this, and this in black and grey for myself!
5. i've subscribed to Sesame Street's channel on youtube so I can memorize songs like THIS and THIS! I love all the musician collaborations (the one with Norah Jones is just so depressing though)
6. Pumpkins and pumpkin flavors for the next month. This time of year im obsessed with Whole Food's pumpkin pie (bonus when it's on sale), pumpkin and chocolate chip loafs or muffins from the Farmer's Market, pumpkins at the grocery store and on people's porches, pumpkin spiced drinks...yummmm
7. MAC Cosmetics lipstick in Craving. perfectly Fall berry and also in my favorite MAC lipstick formula
8. Max accepting his new stroller! im actually trying to wean him into the stroller for our upcoming Australia trip and God help me if i have to babywear him come this Jan 2014. The scale says he hasn't gained much (still at 24ish lbs) but he feels like 30+ lbs. i'm hurting at the end of the day. So far, he's fallen asleep in the stroller once for 2 hours! This stroller has the best sun and sleep shade out there!
9. my current nursing student is awesome
10. Finding awesome riding boots at Value Village of all places! they fit my calves, they're cognac, they've got gold detailing, they're leather, they zip up, they were cheap, and did i mention they fit my MONSTER calves!? dream come true
What's made you happy lately?
What are you thankful for?